Follow Friday & TGIF


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee.This week's question is:
Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.
The character that I recently fell 'in and out of love with' would have to be Gabriel from The Chemical Garden Trilogy, Wither & Fever by Lauren DeStefano. He comes to mind because I just finished reading Fever (read my review here) In Wither he comes across as kind and gentle, and very naive which made him very endearing. But in Fever he isn't that endearing at all. Instead of going after the woman he is supposedly in love with and fighting for her like guy in love would do, he stays locked away in his mansion with his other wife! And he leaves his evil, sadistic father to go out and capture her once again! I'm crossing my fingers that maybe he will redeem himself in the last book because, I do still have a soft spot for him. Gabriel, man up and fight for your lady! 
Photobucket

PhotobucketReading Blues: We all get them from time to time. What helps you over come those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?
There has to be nothing worse than reading slumps. I hate them! I don't really have a set method on how to get rid of them but, like G mentioned in her post, they happen to occur always after I've finished an absolutely, down-right amazing book. Sometimes I just have to give myself a day to process the fantastic book I just read, come to terms with the story ending and then I push myself into another book that I've been excited to start reading. Once I'm in the middle of another book that I'm really enjoying, that's the end of my reading slump. If you have a remedy that you find works really well, please share it. I would love to get some new ideas as to what to do the next time I find myself in a slump. 


Thanks for stopping by and, if you're a new follower, welcome! Leave links in the comments and I'll follow back!
 Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS