Follow Friday & TGIF



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read & Parajunkee.This week's question is:

Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kickass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

My favorite books have one main thing in common and it is that each main character is a very strong minded individual who stands up for what they believe in and isn't afraid to fight for the people they love. Their situations are all very different (because I don't like to stick to one main plot theme in books) but they are all characters that I respect and admire, and they are good role models and provide inspiration to the readers. Here are some of my favorite characters: Rhine from Wither by Lauren DeStefano; Isabella Swan from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer; Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins; Jackson Meyer from Tempest by Julie Cross and Karo from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

TGIF is hosted by GReadsBooks. This week's question is:

Book Appeal: When you're browsing Goodreads, the library, or another blogger's reviews, what grabs your attention to make you want to read it?

I hate to admit it but the first thing that grabs my attention is (of course!) the cover. If the covers is eye catching or different to the ones next to (if on a shelf in a bookstore) then I will gravitate towards it. But even if the cover doesn't appeal to me I will still check out the synopsis to see what the story is about and if it is interesting. I also like to read other people's reviews to get an idea of what people thought of the book as a whole. But I will still buy a book that has a plot line that I'm interested in, even if it has one or two not so great reviews. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Leave a link in comments & I'll follow back! Have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS